Tuesday 25 September 2012

Day 2: Acclimatisation



Today's first discovery - basics bread is sliced so thinly that you can get TWO pieces in just ONE toaster slot. The end result is a warm moist side (think just-baked-esc) and one toasted side. The moist side soaks up soup so good but the toast side gives you that all important crunch.

Unfortunately this was the high point of the day. Lemon curd mixed with boiling water is not an adequate substitute for tea. It tastes way more of curd than it does of lemon. I appolize if 'curd' is just one of those words like 'jam' but you get the point. It did grow on me though which made me a little scared about what else might start tasting good by the end of the week.

For instance, last night I spent a ludicrous amount of time brushing my teeth. The flavour just seemed so intense compared to dinner. Anticipate some bloody gums come Sunday. I'm actually getting pretty excited about brushing my teeth as I type these words. How odd.


I also just found out that my Mum has already taken medical provisions in case this challenge causes extreme constipation. Happy days. She told me this while her and dad were chomping down on:

Meanwhile I was loving this:

Anyway, I’m not just doing this for a laugh so I should point out that you can now donate as little as £1 by texting BJBJ78 to 70070 followed by either £1/£2/£3/£4/£5/£10

Eg. ‘BJBJ78 £5’

It will show up on my just giving page and 100% of it goes to the charity! 

Thank you!!